Saturday, April 30, 2011

Prince @ the Forum: Nuit Six

[SET LIST — PRINCE @ the Forum | April 29, 2011]

Opening Act::: MINT CONDITION

SET LIST :::
(Morris Hayes --- long one-key intro into...)
  • Medley: Let's Go Crazy/Delirious/back into Let's Go Crazy extended version/1999
  • Little Red Corvette (slowed down version)
  • Shhh
  • Mountains (Only The One chant)
  • 17 Days/(girls sing chorus to Lovergirl by Teena Marie)
  • Give It To Me Baby (by Rick James/Prince is on the BASS)
  • Everyday People
  • Play That Funky Music
  • Glamorous Life
  • Santana Medley
  • Beginning of Question of U into The One/Gingerbread Man (Prince crawling on floor ala Alphabet St. --- guess he's hoping the ladies will buy more tickets)/Cockeyed Woman
  • Take Me With U/Raspberry Beret/Cream
  • COOL (girls singing chorus from Don't Stop Till U Get Enough - homage to MJ)
  • 777-9311 (Prince vs Ida on bass --- and Morris jamming the key line from Computer Blue --- I was told I was hearing things, but HE DID DO IT. Another friend confirmed this.)
  • Let's Work
  • U Got The Look
  • Make U Feel My Love (Elisa, Shelby, Liv, & Ida)
  • Purple Rain

Encore 1 :::
  • Kiss
  • Love Bizarre
  • Controversy

Encore 2 :::
Lights come up and Prince is lying down in the middle of the stage.
  • Sample Teaser Medley: When Doves Cry/Nasty Girl/SOTT/TMBGITW/Forever In My Life/Single Ladies

Prince basically tried to kill us with the funk tonight. I had a few "non hardcore" friends come to the show tonight and I was SOOO HAPPY that they had a fantastic time. So much so, they want to come back again!!

Prince can play pretty much every instrument effortlessly. And I will always love him on guitar...but when he picks up a bass??? Dude. GAME OVER. I'm done. It's just too HOT for words. Somebody get me a cigarette...damn.

So far, I think this show is my favorite.

***Happy Birthday to Christoball***

No comments:

Post a Comment