Sunday, May 1, 2011

Prince @ the Forum: Nuit Sept

[SET LIST — PRINCE @ the Forum | April 30, 2011]

No Opening Act tonight

Show begins at 9:06pm

  • DMSR
  • Pop Life
  • Renatto Jazz Break
  • Musicology
  • So Far/So Pleased (with special guest, GWEN STEFANI!!!) --- Never in my life thought I'd hear this song with them together!!! Was kind of hoping they'd pull out WAITING ROOM as well.
  • Question of U intro into/The One/Cockeyed Woman
  • I Feel 4 U with Elisa, Shelby & Liv singing the chorus from "If I Could Get Ur Attention" (song Prince wrote for Taja Sevelle) -- this one had me racking my brain...I couldn't place the song at first. He reached WAAAAAAY back for that one!!! (Also given to Mayte Garcia and recorded for her album, Child of the Sun, but never made it onto the final track list.)
  • Controversy
  • Love Rollercoaster/(Housequake chant)
  • Glamorous Life
  • Nothing Compares 2U
  • Medley: Take Me With U/Raspberry Beret/Cream
  • COOL (girls singing chorus from Don't Stop Till U Get Enough - homage to MJ)
  • Let's Work
  • U Got The Look

Encore 1 :::
  • Whole Lotta Love (by Led Zeppelin with special guest NIKKA COSTA!!!!) OMG!!! --- It was a bit weird seeing Nikka on such a large stage...considering I've always been right in front of her at the Roxy when she plays. She's LUMINOUS!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE HER!!

Prince goes to piano:
  • Something in the Water (Does Not Compute) (slowed down version)
  • Strange Relationship
  • How Come U Don't Call Me Anymore (with Shelby J)
  • If I Was Ur Girlfriend

Encore 2 :::
  • Kiss (Full version Prince jamming on keys)
  • Purple Rain

Encore 3 :::
  • Sexy Dancer Intro into Le Freak (by Chic --- sung by Elisa, Shelby & Liv)
  • Play That Funky Music
  • "Inglewood Swingin"
  • I Like Funky Music

Encore 4 :::
  • Sample Teaser Medley: When Doves Cry/Nasty Girl/Party All the Time (by Eddie Murphy)/Single Ladies/SOTT/TMBGITW/Darling Nikki/Hot Thing/Black Sweat/Love (OMG!!!)

Encore 5 :::
  • The Bird/Jungle Love/Love Bizarre (Celebs from VIP areas take the stage)

Okay...so I TOTALLY LIED. Tonight's show put last night's show to shame. THIS ONE is now my reigning FAVORITE (so far). "Something in the Water" and "Strange Relationship" on piano AND TWO different surprise guests??? WHAT???!?!

And he didn't actually play them, but he sampled BLACK SWEAT and LOVE from 3121 during his "teaser medley" --- Could he possibly be giving us a taste of what might be on the set list for next week?? Oh please...PLEEEEEASE say it's so!!!!!!!!! LOVE IS MY JAM!!! I guess I'll just have to go to the next shows to find out, n'est-ce pas?? LOL!!!

But wait!!! There's more................... ;)







No comments:

Post a Comment