Sunday, May 22, 2011

LA Gets a Weeklong Break From The Purple Madness

Amidst rumors of a fallout between Prince and Live Nation - the promoters for the tour, and double booking at the Forum (Rammstein was already scheduled to play on Friday, 5/20),
Prince's 21-Night Stand in Los Angeles took a short hiatus.

During the weeklong "break," Prince decided to take his show up the coast and treated Fresno, San Jose, and Sacramento to some MPLS Funk. I spent most of the weekend reading Tweets and Facebook updates from my Bay Area friends who were able to get tickets for the shows. I don't have set lists for these shows, but I suspect, based on what I was told from those who did attend the shows, that he played mostly hits. From what I hear, Fresno only got a 90-minute show. (WTH???) And some further north, while happy to have the "Purple Yoda" all to themselves again, were disappointed that there were no afterparties or afterjams to get into.

As deduced in the past, Los Angeles fans have been treated and spoiled. And speaking for myself and my closest friends, WE DEFINITELY APPRECIATE IT.

No comments:

Post a Comment