Friday, April 29, 2011

Prince @ the Forum: Nuit Cinq

[SET LIST — PRINCE @ the Forum | April 28, 2011]

Opening Act ::: Cassandra wilson
Prince comes out to sing WHEN WE'RE DANCING CLOSE AND SLOW.

SET LIST :::
  • Joy in Repetition!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- Holy Shit!!!!
  • Brown Skin
  • 17 Days!!!!!/(girls sing chorus to Lovergirl by Teena Marie)
  • Shhhh
  • Controversy/I Like Funky Music
  • Which Way Is Up
  • What Have U Done 4 Me Lately (girls do Electric Slide)
  • Partyman
  • It's Alright
  • Make U Feel My Love (Elisa, Shelby, Liv, Ledisi, & Ida)
  • Misty Blue (Shelby)
(Morris Hayes --- long one-key intro into...)
  • Medley: Let's Go Crazy/Delirious/back into Let's Go Crazy extended version/1999
  • Little Red Corvette (slowed down version)

ENCORE 1 ::: Purple Rain

ENCORE 2 ::: The Bird/Jungle Love/Love Bizarre

ENCORE 3 ::: Kiss

ENCORE 4 ::: (beginning at 12:15)
  • Play That Funky Music White Boy
  • "Inglewood Swingin" (Prince on bass --- HOT HOT HOT!!!!!)/(girls sing chorus from Fantastic Voyage)

ENCORE 5 :::
  • More Than This (Roxy Music cover) --- his voice was absolutely GORGEOUS and HEART WRENCHING on this. (((sigh)))

A setlist was posted on DrFunkenberry.com prior to the show, but in usual Prince fashion, he changed a few of the songs up. I was far from complaining though --- he did Joy in Repetition and 17 Days!!! What????

Damn. I have to go to work in a few hours.
Aww Hell, Fuggit.
I can sleep when I'm dead.



1 comment:

  1. This was the night I went! The girls singing Make You Feel My Love was more than amazing! I seem to remember two more girls singing it. One from the band (bass player) and a tall black girl. Prince IS talent and he surrounds himself with talent!

    ReplyDelete