Sunday, March 20, 2011

HAWAII ON2 - Day 4 | Dance, Dance, Dance!!

Saturday was all about dancing.

Ruth 's friend, Clem came by treated me and Ruth to breakfast at a pub on the marina. They had a fantastic Crab Benedict. A larger meal than normal for me, but it seemed justified because I planned to dance it all off.

After breakfast, Ruth and I caught the bus to the Festival. Time for some WORKSHOPS!!!

10am - Partnerwork On2 for Ruth & Rio-style Brazilian Samba for me
11am - Pachanga w/ Mambo Shines
12noon - We were going to take an On2 Partnerwork and Mambo concepts class but we weren't "feeling" the instructor, so we left the hotel to go for a walk and find a snack. We walked down a few blocks to Waikiki Beach to people watch and snap a few photos (proof we were there LOL) and on the way back, we found a shaved ice shop. I had an ice treat with condensed milk and sweet red beans --- similar to the Filipino dessert "halo halo"...and Ruth had a taro smoothie.
1pm - Latin Hip Hop class with ReKreation --- hot routine!!!

After that class, there wasn't anything else on the schedule we were interested in taking, so we hopped a bus back to our hotel to relax for a bit.

For some reason, we didn't get back to the Festival for the social dance until really late. We were on vacation mode and moving kind of slowly, I guess. The place was packed when we got there. This time, I made it a point to dance with more new faces...rather than with people I already knew. I have to say it again --- people here dance REALLY WELL. The teachers here really know what they're doing. :)

Though I danced more this night than on Thursday, I felt like I didn't have "my feet under me." There are times when I get that strange vibe and I can't connect --- my styling was "off" and my turns felt very cautious and unsteady. Ruth had a charlie horse in her calf that she couldn't dance or stretch away. We didn't seem to be doing too well. I think the trip was finally catching up with us... LOL...Guess we can't party like the young ones anymore...We stayed as long as we could, but didn't dance as much as we wanted to. We still managed to stay close to 2am, though. At the end of the night, we took a cab back to the hotel...and Ruth began packing her bags because she was flying out the next day.

There was a nice bonding moment as we were trying to go to sleep...talking in the dark...Ruth in the bed...me in my rollaway cot...girl talk and sharing...It was nice --- Kind of rare to be able to travel with a friend and get along so well that you don't actually want to kill each other by the end of the trip. I couldn't help but feel sad knowing that she wouldn't be there much longer.

Around 4am, we were both fading fast --- falling asleep mid-sentence --- so we ended the conversation and crashed out.




No comments:

Post a Comment