Thursday, March 17, 2011

HAWAII ON2 - Day 2 | Resting, Relaxing, & Ready to Dance

Thank God for my neti pot. I brought one with me because somehow, I knew I'd need it. I'm now testing the claim that regular use of a neti pot shortens the duration of a cold. We'll see. I'm definitely feeling better. Still congested --- but for now, it's a head cold...and I'm doing everything I can to keep it from becoming a chest cold.

Walked to the coffeeshop on the next block for breakfast. Chai Latte & McD's breakfast sandwich for me. Coffee & Belgium waffle for Ruth. Incidentally, only in Hawaii will McD's serve breakfast platters with rice, eggs, Spam, & Portuguese sausage.

After breakfast, we headed back to the hotel to hang out at the pool. Our original plan included going out and exploring Waikiki. But we were both tired and the thought of basking in the sunshine and cool breeze was more appealing.

On a side note, there's an ABC General Store on every corner here. I've seen the inside of at least 3 of them and I haven't even been here a full 24 hours.

At the pool, a guy overheard our conversation and asked if we were in town for the Salsa Festival. We all sat in the jacuzzi and talked for about an hour. Abron is a transplant from Portland. He's a regular in the salsa scene in Honolulu. Looks like Ruth and I are guaranteed at least one dance at the Opening Party tonight.

While sunning and pooling, the breakfast wore off, so we went up, showered and changed and went off to try the nearby Chinese buffet. Hey, no way can Filipinos pass up a buffet opportunity. Food was good, but sadly, even being in beautiful Hawaii doesn't disguise the mediocrity of Chinese buffet cuisine.

Back from our late lunch/early dinner...we are stuffed and we ate too much, but that's okay, since we'll be working most of it off on the dancefloor tonight. We're currently back in the hotel room --- ready to take a nap --- and rest up before catching the bus to the Hilton Hawaii Prince Kuhio for the official start of the Festival.

More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment