Saturday, March 19, 2011

HAWAII ON2 - Day 3 | After the Excursions

I returned to the hotel about an hour before Ruth. Grabbed a quick bite to eat at McD's --- Filet O' Fish meal since it was Friday (LENT) --- Incidentally, I didn't actually remember it was Friday until I was staring up at the board wondering what to order. I had managed up until then to avoid eating meat --- Hawaiian Rolls and Coffee for breakfast and Almonds & Dried Mango for a snack while I was at the Memorial. This was my first real "meal" of the day.

I had a bit of "me" time while I ate my meal and watched a little TV.

Ruth came in about 40 minutes later --- a bit more tan and looking very relaxed and tired. Her kayaking excursion also included a one-hour body massage. LUCKY GIRL!! After rinsing the seawater and massage oil, she settled in for a nap and I followed suit since I wasn't feeling well and didn't sleep much the night before. Our tentative plan for the evening was to wake up in an hour, get ready, and take the bus to the Festival to dance for a few hours and then cab it to 8 Fat Fat 8 for some Karaoke with an old friend of Ruth's.

I opened my eyes after 11pm to find Ruth awake and watching TV.

Me (still groggy): Are we still going out?
Ruth: No, it's late and you needed to rest. We both needed to rest.
Me: I'm sorry to have slept so much. You could have just left me here and gone out on your own.
Ruth: It's okay. I'm tired too. Let's just get some sleep because we have a big day tomorrow.

And that's how we rolled on our Friday night in Honolulu.
Like the Partay Animalz we are..........................We slept in.
***SMH***



No comments:

Post a Comment